“We loved our stay in heavenly Villa Auraliya – all the staff are so nice and kind and helpful. And the cook with his beautiful smile makes unforgettable wonders.”
D’Origny Family – Paris, France
Jagath, our talented cook, has a wide selection of dishes and food to chose from. He’s a connoisseur of local curries as well as embracing western cuisine. He will do your shopping for you at cost. I normally give him a float and he lets me know when that is running low as well as keeping receipts and accounts for your perusal.
For the coffee connoisseurs, we do have a Nespresso coffee machine. However the capsules are not available in Sri Lanka so you will need to bring those with you to make use of it. Of course local filter coffee is available in plentiful supply.
Friday lunchtime is the day the imported fresh produce arrives so it pays to bear that in mind. I normally plan a few days at a time to give him time to get organized!
We strongly recommend that you contact us with your selection of meals for your first day in advance of your arrival to allow the staff to bring in provisions. This means that you can relax on arrival rather than worrying about meal-planning immediately!
Suggested menus include but are not limited to:
- A sumptuous Sri Lankan curry (please state if you require vegetarian, fish and or chicken)
- Spaghetti bolognaise or fresh tomato sauce, with grated cheese and home-made garlic bread
- Roast chicken with all the trimmings
- Ceasar’s salad
- Leek and butternut squash tart with various salads
- Crab cakes with chillie sauce
- Chicken wrapped in bacon with herb stuffing, mini salt crusted potatoes and carrots browned with garlic
- Seer fish in red wine sauce with mashed squash and pototo with leeks
- Toasted sandwiches for the kids to eat on the go!
For those of you with a sweet tooth:
- Mango meringue cake
- Tart tatin with creme anglaise
- Chocolate brownies with ice cream
- Chocolate or vanilla sponge cake